Your colon might have toxins stick to its walls. Did you know that? A colon cleanse also known as bowel cleansing or colonic irrigation is a process in which the toxins from your colon are flushed. These toxins contain harmful bacteria that can be a cause of colon cancer and many other chronic diseases inside your body. These harmful toxins are removed from your internal system and gastrointestinal tracts. There are a lot of health benefits that you can achieve by doing a colon cleanse. The method is simple and can be performed either through natural ways, a colon cleanse product or with the help of a doctor.
Whenever you get, your colon cleansed it welcomes many health benefits that can cure different types of allergies and also improve asthma in your body. Colon cleansing is a simple and a popular method that has been used from the past times to get rid of many health problems. Although colon cleansing is a process that tend to make your body healthier. However, there can be a few side-effects as a result of sudden bodily changes. These are temporary, rare and would diminish after a while.
Side-effects of colon or bowel cleansing
The reason I’m discussing side-effects too early with you is to make you aware of any sudden changes in the body so that you may not get confused while going through the procedure. Here are few of those side-effects that may or may not arise.
- Cramping: You may experience bloating or cramping sensation inside your stomach. It does happens after cleansing but fades away quickly.
- Vomiting: Nausea and vomiting are very common side effects of colon cleansing. However, these aren’t harmful and wouldn’t last too long.
- Dehydration: Of course, when the toxins and other harmful materials are washed, it also carries the body fluid. This might cause a temporary dehydration. To overcome, simply drink more water. Negligence can result in a fatal
- Perforations: You may experience perforations inside your bowel and other related issues after the colon is cleansed.
- Infections: Because the toxins inside your colon are always ready to attack your immune system. So, when you try to clean them, they may cause an infection that are temporary and heals up quickly.
- Electrolyte Imbalance: For kidney patients, there can be some serious electrolyte imbalance after a colon cleanse. However, bowel cleansing is more important, and this side-effect isn’t obvious to invade your body.
Let us now discuss more about colon cleansing and its benefits!
How to cleanse your colon?
There are many different methods of colon cleansing. The practice of colon cleansing dates back to ancient Greece when there were no medical tools and prescriptions. In the USA, the process of colon cleansing become much popular in the late 1920s and 1930s.
One of the best and simplest ways is natural colon cleanse which involves the use of powdered or liquid supplements. Moreover, it also involves eating some vegetables and fruits that aid in colon cleansing. Here is a natural colon cleanse method. It involves different steps, and you have to follow each of them on a regular basis for perfect and healthy results. Moreover, these remedies are designed in a way so that they also prevent any side-effects after colon cleansing.
Natural Colon Cleanse
The colon is a part of your digestive system. It is responsible for extracting water, vitamins, salt and nutrients from the food you eat and process the food that isn’t digested in the small intestine. From their it eliminates solid waste.
When it isn’t working properly, it absorbs toxins instead of eliminating them that result in a severe headache, bloating, constipation, gas, weight gain, low energy level, illness, and fatigue. Here are some natural ways of cleansing your colon naturally.
There is no other good remedy as such water. For colon cleansing naturally with water, you have to drink plenty of it. For perfect result drink at least 10-15 glasses of water a day. Wake up early in the morning and instantly drink two glasses of fresh water. When your body gets liquid and also lubricated it flushes the harmful toxins and other waste material from your body.
The best practice would be drinking two glasses of water before breakfast, then five glasses before the lunch, and finally five more before dinner. If possibly drink another glass before going to bed. Apart from the water you can drink fresh fruits and vegetable juices. Apple and cucumber juices are recommended.
2) Apple Juice
Apple is one of the perfect fruits in the solid or liquid form to help in colon cleansing. Drinking one glass of apple juice daily or at least 3-5 apples a day will encourage healthy bowel movements and break down the toxins and finally flush them out of your body.
When the toxins are flushed, your liver also become healthier. You can start off your day with a big glass of unfiltered apple juice. Keep your routine steady and continue it for at least a week. This will not only flush the toxins but also prevent their further absorption through frequent movements.
3) Lemon Juice
Lemon has natural antioxidants and high quantity of vitamin C, which is a great remedy for your intestine. Simple squeezed a lemon in a glass of water and added a pinch of sea salt with a teaspoon of honey. Drink this solution early in the morning before breakfast. This not only provides energy but also encourage better bowel movements, burns fat and also makes your skin healthy.
Alternatively, you can add two tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemons in a glass of apple juice and drink 3-5 glasses a day. This thins the mucus inside your bowel and flushes out the toxins.
4) Raw Vegetable Juice
When you are in the process of colon cleansing, you have to stay away from processed food. Instead of eating solid food, try drinking fresh vegetable juices at least 3-5 times in a day. I know not all the vegetable juices taste good. So, you can juice up cucumbers, or tomato. To add some taste and benefits you can squeeze in a lemon.
Never buy ready-made vegetable juices from the market. They aren’t made from fresh vegetables and includes preservatives with artificial flavoring. Fresh carrots, beets, corn, squash, spinach, cucumber, tomato, etc. are delicious vegetables, and their juices are full of vitamins. You can juice them in a juicer of a blender. The amino acids, enzymes, minerals and vitamins inside the vegetables collectively play their role in flushing the toxins from the body.
5) Fiber-Rich Foods
Fibers help a lot in natural colon cleansing. They soften the hard stools and encourage bowel movements that expel waste products. Moreover, fiber-rich foods also help in getting rid f intestinal problems.
There are many beneficial fibrous eatables like cereals, whole grains, nuts, beans, and seeds. Eat plenty of these in your daily meals for bowel cleansing.
Always use fresh yogurt. Avoid the flavored ones. It is a probiotic food that introduces good bacteria inside your body and promotes digestion. Yogurt also tends to fight against inflammatory bowel diseases. If you don’t like eating yogurt directly, use it with your daily meals like pour over rice or beans.
Flaxseeds are rich in mega-3 fatty acids, natural fibers, and antioxidant properties. We highly recommend adding flaxseed to your diet for effective colon cleansing. Flaxseeds absorb water and then expand in your colon that aids in removing the toxins along with mucus.
This eatable has been found to be beneficial for cancer, heart diseases, and diabetes. You can also mix flaxseed with cereal, yogurt, fruit and other healthy foods. I use to mix one tablespoon of ground flaxseed in water and drink it 30 minutes before my breakfast.
8) Sea Salt
Simply mix one tablespoon of sea salt in a glass of drinking water and boil it. Now allow the solution to cool or until it gets lukewarm. Finally drink it. I’ve used this remedy many times, but it takes at least a week to show up results. So, you need to be patient and regular.
9) Aloe Vera
I must say that Aloe Vera is one of the best ways for a natural colon cleanse. It has great detoxification abilities. Aloe Vera acts as a natural laxative and aids in effective colon cleansing process. You need a stem of Aloe Vera that is filled with fresh viscous liquid or gel. Squeeze one or two lemons in a fresh Aloe Vera gel stem and mix it in a blender.
Keep the mixture in the refrigerator for 3 hours. Finally drink it!
Ginger is a bitter vegetable but great for cleaning your colon. You need to extract out a few tablespoon of ginger juice and mix it with hot water. Now drink this herbal tea daily in the morning after or before the breakfast.
Well, these were ten natural home remedies for colon cleanse. You can pick any of these and test them out on a daily basis. You need to make a proper schedule for following your routine.
Now you know how to cleanse your colon. Here are the health benefits you’ll achieve after doing so
Benefits of Colon Cleansing
- It makes your digestive system more effective than ever. As you colon is cleansed all the harmful toxins are pushed out of your intestine, thus clearing the way for good nutrient absorption.
- It also prevents constipation and maintains regularity in bowel movements. When the toxins are frequently flushed out, your colon gets healthy and strong. This encourages good bowel movements.
- As soon as the harmful toxins are flushed and nutrients are absorbed; it provides your body with energy.
- Your body absorbs more vitamins and nutrients than ever.
- It also improves your concentration. The vitamins being absorbed inside your body makes your brain healthy and more active. This improves the level of concentration, thinking and memorizing things.
- Do you know that a toxic colon can carry stools weighing over 5KG? This means that if your body weighs 70KG, approximately 5KG of it is a waste material that you can flush out. So, regular bowel movements kick starts the weight loss and also keeps your body lightweight.
- With healthy colon movements the risk of colon cancer decreases. When there are no harmful bacteria and toxins inside your body, there would be no germs that can attack your immune system. Thus, you remain safe from chronic diseases.
- Finally, it improves fertility. The increased fiber intake and healthy foods along with fresh juices controls weight and enhances your fertility.
Other Methods of Colon Cleansing
Colon Cleanse Products
Apart from natural or home colon cleansing, you can try out some trusted colon cleansing products with great customer reviews.
Medical way of Colon cleansing
Moreover, there are physicians who can also help you with colon cleansing through medical ways. It usually involves a tube that is inserted into your rectum, and then a sort of fluid is forced inside. However, this method is painful, messy, and most people avoid it.
Which one to choose?
The natural way of colon cleanse must be your priority. But we can highly recommend you the colon cleanse products. They are as effective as natural ways and don’t include any risks or side-effects. Whichever method you choose ensure that you follow proper guidelines, and a proper routine for optimum results.
My goal was to highlight the benefits of a colon cleanse and why it is necessary for every person to maintain a healthy digestive system. Many studies have proven that over 70-80% of diseases in human beings arises mostly due to poor digestive health. So, having all those harmful toxins flushed regularly would not only keep you safe and healthy but also play an important role towards a successful and happy life.